Autisable.com and The Autism Society of America are inviting people whose lives are affected by autism to submit videos and help change the discussion.
They suggest these ideas for your video:
- What has Autism taught you?
- What are you doing to help others understand Autism more?
- What have you done to overcome stress on dealing with Autism?
- What encouraging message would you share with other families in similar situations?
(if a lot of people just introduced themselves and said, "My son/daughter has Autism (or I have Autism) - It's going to be OK - you are NOT alone", we think that would be GREAT!)
- Share anything about Autism to help others understand
|So-- you think you have Aspergers, or fall someplace else on the autism spectrum. Maybe you've been formally diagnosed, maybe you're just starting to consider the possibility yourself and nobody else has ever said a word.
What do you do now?